WE’VE GOT YOUR SIX
We are pleased that you have stopped by to view the next CopBlue video article. These are published regularly and address a variety of issues which are important to American Street Cops.
This video article opens with a nice, comfortable conversation between two long-time Cops. Brothers-in-Arms. Warriors. Chief Danny Watson (ret.) hosts Lt. David Weaver (ret.) of the Darlington City Police Department who is known as “Weave” for short.
He seems the most relaxed, at ease person anyone could ever know.
But he isn’t … or should I say wasn’t.
Being a cop is in his heart. It permeates his entire being – just as it does for many of us. “It’s a calling,” he told Danny. Even when he was medically retired, he was a cop. And, he always will be.
He’s been retired for a while now. He hangs out with other cops at regular functions of the Fraternal Order of Police. He explains by saying that, “It’s in my blood.”
Sadly, as with too many cops, Weave paid a helluva price because he is a cop.
“Like what?” a skeptical naysayer may ask.
Two heart attacks. The loss of time with his wife who died at a young age from cancer. Missing out on being with his kids as they grew up. And, almost his sanity.
Too many people outside of police work think that the real drama is in big cities. Not so, when you’re a detective in a small town. You work all kinds of crimes, up close, with victims who are your friends and neighbors.
It will break your heart and sometimes will even tatter your soul – almost beyond repair.
The Weave lost so much that he will never get back.
This video has an abrupt, surprise ending. Please allow us to share Weave with you. All of him. Almost.
“Above all, it’s about going home at the end of the shift … “
We couldn’t agree more.
Jim enjoys hearing from his readers – EMAIL
Thank you for allowing us to share this article with you.
Please LIKE, SHARE and leave a comment about this article below.
Our editor can be contacted with any questions or input here – EMAIL
To our BROTHERS and SISTERS in BLUE: We have now arrived at the time in the ELECTION SEASON when each of us MUST pay close attention to what candidates are saying. Every person we elect in November can affect our lives as cops. Will we THRIVE, just get by or will we DIE?
- Consider the disaster created in New York by Mayor Bill DiBlasio.
- Look at the number of cops who have been critically injured by the Portland District Attorney, Mike Schmidt.
- We cannot ignore how cops have been blamed for the problems in places like Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Baltimore and other cities where civilization has damned near crumbled.
- Don’t think that school boards are immune. Last Saturday, Steven Lysenko of Spencerport High School, went on a tirade against police officers for targeting protesters in Rochester by yelling, “Fuck the Police!”
- Last, but most important, is the top job: the Presidency. Electing Joe Biden would have a horribly deep, permanent and (in some cases) fatal effect on every cop in the nation.
EVERY ONE OF US MUST PAY ATTENTION AND GET INVOLVED.
OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT.
Thank you for supporting CopBlue.