OK. This is no surprise. Reading news on the internet leads me to think that every law enforcement agency, union and group on the planet (except one) have endorsed Donald Trump for re-election to the American Presidency.
“Who is the exception?” you ask. It’s the national police union in Nauru. They haven’t endorsed anyone yet, but when they do, I’m told it will be Trump.
It seems that the year of 2020 will go down in history as one, very long cluster ****. The world is upside-down, at the moment. And, we need a leader who turn it right-side up, again.
The election will be here in a few days. I’m hoping you will make a reasoned decision rather than just flipping a coin. Let’s reflect for a moment …
In 2008, Obama told us when he was elected that he intended to, “… fundamentally change America.” I never expected what he had up his sleeve. Eight years in, the mess was upon us. Remember:
• The new president called the Cambridge, Mass cops, “stupid.”
• The feds telling your local schools that boys and girls should be using the same locker rooms and bathrooms.
• “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.”
• Four of our military brethren slaughtered at Benghazi.
• Young people graduating from college and moving back home with their parents because there were no jobs in their skill area. Of course, they weren’t getting married, buying homes or having kids, either.
• Obama traveled around the world to other countries apologizing for all that America had done to them over the previous years.
• Obama issued multiple executive orders telling the Customs & Immigration people not to do their jobs. That resulted in huge numbers of illegal aliens who came streaming into our country.
• Do you remember watching videos of ISIS beheading people? How about seeing someone in a cage being burned to death? Do you remember that?
Remember? I do.
If you’ve been ‘around the barn,’ you know that individual candidates don’t get themselves elected President without the help of a lot of folks along the way. Those folks are called, ‘The Party.’ In Joe’s case, it’s the Democrat party.
They put in all their time, effort and money because they know that if their guy wins the election, it’s payback time. That’s just the way it works.
The same party that wants Biden elected now, got Obama elected in 2008 and their ‘Want List’ is pretty much the same. So, you can expect that Biden will continue on the same path that Obama was on.
Do you want a repeat of all the stuff I listed above? I don’t.
It doesn’t stop there.
Think of A.O.C. (Andrea-Orcozio-Cortez). You, know: that cute, loud-mouthed, empty-headed, bartending bitch from New York. The one who keeps promoting the Green New Deal and other bizarre notions.
End the use of fossil fuels – coal, gas & oil.
No more gas powered cars. Airplanes will only fly rarely.
Great reduction in the amount of meat you can eat. (Cows fart)
An even smaller water tank on your toilet.
I can’t leave Bernie Sanders out of the mix. Remember: the registered socialist who worships the commie leaders. Yeah, him. His list is a gas (oops, I shouldn’t use that word, should I?).
• Medicare for EVERYONE. Including illegal aliens. Great. And, there’s a side benefit: it will kill Medicare for seniors as we know it. After all, health insurance is a right for everyone, isn’t it?
• If you are already rich or you make a lot of money, the feds will take most of it away and give it to the folks who just don’t feel like working.
The list goes on; trust me. But, my guess is that if you’re a cop like me, you don’t want anything to do with any part of it.
The fact is, Joe Biden comes with his own features, wants and needs. The sad thing is that most of the time, he can’t remember what they are.
He does remember that he wants to confiscate the most popular guns that Americans own. And, he plan to have Beto O’Rourke head the effort. He also plans to severely limit how many bullets you can put in the gun which you own. At least, for now.
Joe has used the word ‘DEFUND’ but he has said he wants to ‘REDIRECT’ much of the funding that currently goes to us cops and give to …. I guess he’s not sure, right now. But, he will think of it.
So, let’s put those together: dramatically limit your ability to defend yourself while getting rid of a bunch of the cops who might otherwise protect your family.
Sounds perfectly ‘Democratic,’ doesn’t it?
Joe also wants to continue on his party’s help for the massive number of Black people who are in jail / prison. Currently, they make up the greatest share of prison population.
As a good Democrat, Joe concludes that the cops and judges who put them there must be racists. So, the fix is obvious: reduce the punishments handed out for breaking the law.
That wasn’t quite enough. So … (think of Baltimore, Portland and others), we will tell the cops to, “stand down,” and give folks some room to, “express their anger.” The prosecutors will help too by refusing to charge any of the people whom the cops arrest.
What a wonderful plan, eh?
For those who just simply must be charged, we will give them cashless bail so they get out of jail by just signing their names.
It’s a plan made in heaven.
Not for me.
When Joe’s plan is complete, America will closely resemble France or maybe some other third-world country.
With Joe at the helm, government will:
- Issue a nationwide order on masks and other issues related to COVID-19. Think of Joe’s words of all of us doing the, “same thing to end the virus.”
- Determine details of zoning in your home town, many suggest putting individual government-subsidized houses mixed into otherwise affluent subdivisions.
- CAFÉ mileage standards for fuel efficiency which are ridiculous in light of today’s oil glut in the world will continue.
- Toilet tanks which are even smaller than the ones we are allowed to buy, now.
- Taxes will go through the roof on EVERYONE to pay for it all.
Democrats embrace large government that provides for the people and makes their decisions for them, as well. Thinking back to the Obama years as recent example with health care. The philosophy they put into practice expressed simply, “You little people are not smart enough to run your own lives, so the elites in government will make the decisions (large & small) for you.”
I’m confident that all of the soldiers and cops who have died protecting our way of life would NEVER endorse such a plan. It’s not what our heroes fought and died to protect and preserve.
NOT ON YOUR LIFE.
On the other hand, Trump embraces the vision of the Founders. Think of America around 1900: the effects / benefits of the Industrial Revolution were felt in a big way all over the country. The Federal Government was still very small with most of the nation’s power vested in the hands of the people and the several States.
I hear of people who don’t like Trump. When asked what, specifically, they don’t like, it’s almost always his style. Their words, Trump is:
- Too blunt.
And, they really don’t like all of his Tweeting. I understand. There are times I hear/read Donald Trump say things that make me cringe. I think to myself that he could have been more diplomatic.
Maybe he could.
When I sent him to Washington four years ago, it wasn’t because he is cute, or sweet, or politically correct. I sent him there to straighten the shit out that was screwed up.
- America needs to welcome business by cutting taxes and getting rid of all of the “Do-Gooder” regulations that drove them out of the country under the Democrats.
- People needed jobs. A lot of them.
- Jobs at the low end of the pay scale need to pay higher wages – and not because the government made businesses pay more.
- We needed to stop giving other countries our jobs.
- We needed trade deals that were fair and even-handed. If China and others want to sell their stuff here then, we get to sell our stuff there.
- We needed to stop China from stealing our technology and other inventions.
- We needed to stop being the ‘piggy bank’ for everyone else – paying for their military defense while they paid little – or nothing.
- We needed to get government out of the healthcare business. We just needed government to make sure it was fair for everyone.
- MOST OF ALL: WE NEEDED A PRESIDENT WHO VALUED AND PRAISED THE MILITARY AND THE COPS. WE NEED OUR PRESIDENT TO HAVE OUR BACKS.
The good news: Trump got nearly all of this done. The only places where he fell short were those where others (mainly Democrats) blocked his way.
The fact is: we need Trump a whole helluva lot more than he needs this job. It has personally cost him millions to be away from his family business.
He is willing to give America another four years of his life. For that, we should be grateful.
As for style:
- We have tried the shy and quiet approach with Jimmy Carter. That got our embassy people held hostage for 444 days – until Reagan was sworn in.
- We have tried dapper and smooth with Bill Clinton. He turned the Oval Office into a whore house.
- We have tried a smooth-talking diplomat with Obama. We all know the mess he left us with.
When it comes to dealing with the strong-armed bandits around the world I believe we are best served by someone who says what he means and means what he says. Most of all, if anyone hurts America or its citizens, leaders around the world need to know we won’t hesitate to annihilate them.
TRUMP IS THE ONE
When I try to envision what Donald Trump sees as the “Perfect America,” I cannot help but be reminded of this: (Please listen all the way through)
May God bless America and may God bless our President, Donald Trump.
It is critical now that each one of us casts our own ballot this November 3rd. Your vote may decide whether America rises to new heights or slides into the abyss, never to emerge.
God Bless all of you, my Brothers & Sisters in Blue.
“Above all, it’s about going home at the end of the shift … “
We couldn’t agree more.
Jim enjoys hearing from his readers – EMAIL
Thank you for allowing us to share this article with you.
Please LIKE, SHARE and leave a comment about this article below.
Our editor can be contacted with any questions or input here – EMAIL
To our BROTHERS and SISTERS in BLUE: We have now arrived at the time in the ELECTION SEASON when each of us MUST pay close attention to what candidates are saying. Every person we elect in November can affect our lives as cops. Will we THRIVE, just get by or will we DIE?
- Consider the disaster created in New York by Mayor Bill DiBlasio.
- Look at the number of cops who have been critically injured by the Portland District Attorney, Mike Schmidt.
- We cannot ignore how cops have been blamed for the problems in places like Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Baltimore and other cities where civilization has damned near crumbled.
- Don’t think that school boards are immune. Last Saturday, Steven Lysenko of Spencerport High School, went on a tirade against police officers for targeting protesters in Rochester by yelling, “Fuck the Police!”
- Last, but most important, is the top job: the Presidency. Electing Joe Biden would have a horribly deep, permanent and (in some cases) fatal effect on every cop in the nation.
EVERY ONE OF US MUST PAY ATTENTION AND GET INVOLVED.
OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT.
Thank you for supporting CopBlue.