Most of the time …
Most of us are …
Complaining about what is wrong in our life …
Or, we are least thinking about it.
I will use a short war story make a point.
THE FLIP-CHART CAPER
I arrived at my weekly Monday evening Weight Watcher meeting. I was fighting to lose the one hundred pounds of excess blubber which needed to go away.
In the front of the room, the leader had set up the usual white flip chart. But, rather than words on tonight’s topic: she had used a black Magic Marker to make a border all around the large sheet. In the middle was a simple black DOT. Yup, it looked like an overgrown period (“.“).
The buzz of chatter among the attendees was obvious: what did that dot mean?
At the meeting’s onset, the leader asked folks to share with the group what they saw. An insect, a darkened sun and all sorts of ideas filled the room.
Then the leader laid some words on us that were profound:
“The dot in the center of the paper represents the sum total of our failures in our eating during the past week. The expanse of white paper around the black dot represents all of our successes.”
Then, the clincher: “Where were YOUR eyes focused?” she asked.
All of the attendees were so busily studying the black dot (failures) that we ignored the huge expanse of white paper (successes) which surrounded it.
THANKSGIVING IS THE TIME TO FOCUS ON OUR SUCCESSES AND GIFTS.
For most of us, if we took the time, we could make a list of our ‘successes’ that could fill many pages is our pocket notepad.
How about doing something just for fun? Take two minutes (now or later) and create a list of people, things, events and otherwise for which you are thankful. Just two minutes.
There are no right or wrong answers.
You needn’t show it to anyone else.
For your eyes only.
I AM THANKFUL:
- That I was born in the U.S.A.
- That I had two parents who did the best they could and who never, ever failed me. Not even once.
- I was introduced to God at an early age and learned how to make friends with Him.
- God, fate and dumb luck brought me a wife who has put up with my childish ways for 45 years.
- We were blessed with two healthy children who grew to be strong, independent, smart adults.
- I have a roof over my head and food in my belly.
- I have been graced with the blessing of being part of The Brotherhood in Blue. They are the best people God ever put on the earth.
- God never gave me a challenge without the strength and resources needed to beat it.
In short, I have more blessings than any man deserves.
That’s it for me. Where do you stand?
Take two minutes and think about it.
At the bottom line, it’s all about saving just ONE life.
Check out this recent article:
LOVE IS ALL AROUND READ MORE
I HOPE YOU WILL LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT THIS ARTICLE OR ABOUT CopBlue IN GENERAL.
Please check out our Facebook page: CLICK HERE
Feel free to call me at my home office: (386) 763-3000.