WE’VE GOT YOUR SIX
We are pleased that you have stopped by to view the next CopBlue video article. These are published regularly and address a variety of issues which are important to American Street Cops.
This week, Danny introduces all of us to Captain Jo Nell of the South Carolina Highway Patrol. He is quite a guy.
First of all, he showed up in his civies along with his relaxed, civi attitude, as well. Nice. I want you to watch the two of these guys talk about topics that hit all of us – at one time or another. Nell’s relaxed wisdom is underpinned by his strong faith in God.
He cares deeply about his troops. For that matter, I suspect he cares about every one of us who wears (or has worn) the badge. He remembers vividly where he came from.
You’ll not hear him preaching at you from on high as he shakes his finger at the errors of your ways. Nope. You’re more likely going to find him on the barstool next to you or sitting at your table at lunch.
His demeanor, his tone, his inflexions and the look in his eyes send the strongest message of all to his brother cops: “I love you and I will do my best to care for you.”
These two seasoned veterans jawbone about today’s rampant leadership failures, cop suicide prevention, our mutual morale and the need for it to be strong. You’ll also hear his heart talk to you about his need to help his guys maintain a positive attitude and the fact that his guys can have his ear any time of the day or night.
When asked about his secret of, “making it from Day One to the last day of a thirty year career,” Nell’s response was quick, positive and certain: “Faith is critical to making it through.”
“Above all, it’s about going home at the end of the shift … “
We couldn’t agree more.
Jim enjoys hearing from his readers – EMAIL
Thank you for allowing us to share this article with you.
Please LIKE, SHARE and leave a comment about this article below.
Our editor can be contacted with any questions or input here – EMAIL
To our BROTHERS and SISTERS in BLUE: We have now arrived at the time in the ELECTION SEASON when each of us MUST pay close attention to what candidates are saying. Every person we elect in November can affect our lives as cops. Will we THRIVE, just get by or will we DIE?
- Consider the disaster created in New York by Mayor Bill DiBlasio.
- Look at the number of cops who have been critically injured by the Portland District Attorney, Mike Schmidt.
- We cannot ignore how cops have been blamed for the problems in places like Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Baltimore and other cities where civilization has damned near crumbled.
- Don’t think that school boards are immune. Last Saturday, Steven Lysenko of Spencerport High School, went on a tirade against police officers for targeting protesters in Rochester by yelling, “Fuck the Police!”
- Last, but most important, is the top job: the Presidency. Electing Joe Biden would have a horribly deep, permanent and (in some cases) fatal effect on every cop in the nation.
EVERY ONE OF US MUST PAY ATTENTION AND GET INVOLVED.
OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT.
Thank you for supporting CopBlue.