WE’VE GOT YOUR SIX
We are pleased that you have stopped by to view the next CopBlue video article. These are published regularly and address a variety of issues which are important to American Street Cops.
AT THE RANGE
Today we find ourselves at the range. Danny has three cohorts: Joshua Tadlock, Ben Weatherford and Kevin Messenger, a New York State Cop.
This setting has been chosen for two primary reasons:
- Remind cops and show civilians just how fast you can have two rounds shot right into your head.
- Second reason: remind cops and show civilians just how fast you can be dead at the hands of a bad guy.
It can happen faster than you can say the letters, “A, B, C”. In the blink of an eye, some asshole on the street – or anywhere for that matter – can end your life.
SHOW AND TELL
Danny and crew aren’t just going to talk about it. They are going to show you how a nice, easy, comfortable and pleasant conversation can go south faster than a race car in Daytona.
It reinforces what we cops have learned along the way –
- Trust no one.
- When you have contact with a civilian, do your best to pat them down for weapons just as quickly as you are able.
- Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Sound harsh? Imagine how harsh it is to take a round in between the eyes.
MUST I REALLY DO THAT?
Imagine this scene: You are working nights. It’s 0300 hours. Your wife is awakened by the sound of the doorbell.
As she turns on the porch light and looks out the side window, she sees a cop car parked in front of your house. There are two men standing on your porch. Very quickly she will learn that one of them is your watch commander and the other is the department chaplain.
Do you suppose they dropped by just to visit? Think again.
After a short time of talking and her sobbing, your two young kids come to the living room asking, “What is going on, Mama?”
How does she tell them the horrible news?
Their Dad is gone and will never come home again.
THINK ABOUT THAT
Never, never, never let your guard down.
There are horrible people in this world who want to kill you solely because of the uniform you wear.
For now, wipe the tears from your cheeks and watch this very short video:
“Above all, it’s about going home at the end of the shift … “
We couldn’t agree more.
Jim enjoys hearing from his readers – EMAIL
Thank you for allowing us to share this article with you.
Please LIKE, SHARE and leave a comment about this article below.
Our editor can be contacted with any questions or input here – EMAIL
To our BROTHERS and SISTERS in BLUE: We have now arrived at the time in the ELECTION SEASON when each of us MUST pay close attention to what candidates are saying. Every person we elect in November can affect our lives as cops. Will we THRIVE, just get by or will we DIE?
- Consider the disaster created in New York by Mayor Bill DiBlasio.
- Look at the number of cops who have been critically injured by the Portland District Attorney, Mike Schmidt.
- We cannot ignore how cops have been blamed for the problems in places like Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Baltimore and other cities where civilization has damned near crumbled.
- Don’t think that school boards are immune. Last Saturday, Steven Lysenko of Spencerport High School, went on a tirade against police officers for targeting protesters in Rochester by yelling, “Fuck the Police!”
- Last, but most important, is the top job: the Presidency. Electing Joe Biden would have a horribly deep, permanent and (in some cases) fatal effect on every cop in the nation.
EVERY ONE OF US MUST PAY ATTENTION AND GET INVOLVED.
OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT.
Thank you for supporting CopBlue.